There is a better life waiting for you!
Just turn your life over to God and follow His Way.
You don’t know what you’re missing.
For most of us, this is hard. Pride gets in the way (Cardinal Sin). We feel that everything needs to be in our control, or perhaps we will be judged as weak, or a religious freak. But why does it matter what others think? They don’t care if you to succeed in life. Why should you be happy? You should be just as miserable as everyone else, right? Wrong! Let go of your worldliness and take a leap of faith into God’s world – He’ll snatch you up and carry you to safety. Learn “The Way” to true happiness. The way of the world makes you a slave to society – working to make other people rich. You don’t need a Corvette; you don’t need Disney World, Jamaica, Hawaii; you don’t need every gadget that comes on the market; all you need is Love, God’s Divine Love. The things of this world will not give you TRUE happiness. They leave you feeling empty at the end of the day. God’s Love brings peace and joy.
Where do I start?
1. Make the decision to live a better life and turn your problems over to Jesus. This is also a good way to avoid problems in the first place. You see, God created us with free will. We make good choices or bad choices. Society leads us to believe that those bad choices are actually good, and that good choices are whatever feels good, getting drunk, getting rich, driving expensive cars, shacking up…
Accept reality. The effects of sin will still be there, but don’t worry; God will make the very best out of your circumstances. He has a plan for YOU! For example, someone who has recovered from a major drug addiction can understand those types of problems and be of great help to others.
meditation: Lord God, Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world. Have mercy on me. Forgive me my sins and show me the light of your Way. I beseech Thee to grant me Your Grace to overcome all obstacles in my life, as You mold me into Your Divine image. Lead me away from temptation and deliver me from every evil, Amen.
2. Pray, pray, pray. If you ask for something good, God will give it to you… at the right time. Here is a great book of powerful Prayers you can download for free. And this one. The Catholic Church has thousands of wonderful prayers and Saints that will help you. Mary, the Mother of God and Queen of Heaven will intercede for you – at the Wedding Feast of Cana, they asked Mary for help; and you can too. The saints in Heaven have so many miracles attributed to their intercessions. They can help you too. Why pray to saints? Read this. Saints are alive and in Heaven. Their lives on earth are great examples of how to give your life to God. See who you might team up with – List of Saints by Cause.
3. Power Up! God’s Grace = God’s Power. Ask for God’s Grace to overcome any problem. He will give it to you! God’s Grace is a free gift. You cannot earn it, but don’t leave it on the table. In the Catholic Church we have Sacraments to help us get more and more of God’s Grace:
Baptism – Receive the Holy Spirit
Confession/Penance – Repent and ask for God’s Grace to overcome your problems or situation.
Eucharist – Receive the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Christ! “Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you do not have Life in you.” ~ Jesus. From the very beginning of the Church, the Disciples of Christ believed in the “true presence” of Jesus in the Eucharist. The Eucharist is a direct Power Line to Calvary where Jesus, the sinless Son of God, was tortured and crucified. Jesus suffered death, but rose from the dead. He is the perfect sacrifice for our sins. And the crucifixion is historically documented for those who don’t yet have Faith.
4. Clean House – After we examine our conscious (reflect on our life) we make an earnest confession (with a desire to do better) – AND make our best attempt to avoid the near occasion to sin. That means staying away from things that will entice us to fall back into this sin. Get rid of it. We’re human, yes; but with God’s Power we can do anything! Anything good, that is.
5. Get to work. Being a Christian is not easy – it is opposite of society’s standard. The powers that be do not want you to be a Christian, or at least not a good one.
Give yourself a “needs assessment”. Set long and short term goals. Then make yourself a To-Do list.
Most of us don’t know what our Spirit needs, so take a look at what the Church teaches: The Way.
If you choose to embark on the Spiritual Journey, your life will slowly transform, bringing your Spirit closer and closer to God. As you learn about (and put into practice) the teachings of Jesus and the early Church, you will slowly transform into a Saint as your Spirit becomes strong and powerful.
Reflect on what you might need to change in your life. If your list is long, like it was for me, don’t try to do it all at once. Pick a couple doozies and set yourself 2 or 3 goals. Your spirit will grow stronger, your family will grow stronger, your life will be much happier, fulfilled, and fruitful.
You Don’t know what you’re missing! There is a better life waiting…